This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] Fwd: SPARLQ endpoint discovery

Martin Hepp martin.hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
Mon Apr 4 10:26:47 CEST 2011

This may be interesting for developers adding GoodRelations to their sites, too:

As said: Our current advice is

1. Use a standard sitemap for your site AND make sure that the lastmod data is correct. This field tells a crawler whether a particular resource has been modified since the last crawl. Using the proper lastmod attribute minimizes the crawling load on your site, reduces the crawling work and thus increases the likelihood that your site data is updated in time in the respective index. If you omit the lastmod attribute or set it to the data of creating the sitemap, you force a crawler to crawl ALL pages anew, even if just a small percentage has actually changed.

2. Use a complementing semantic sitemap for listing your specific Semantic Web resources, e.g. data dump files.

3. Indicate both in the robots.txt file.