This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] GoodRelations for Coupons

László Török ltorokjr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:18:03 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

I think it really depends what aspect of coupons you want to model.

In the context of selling the coupons (a la Groupon), I think coupons are
just like any other product. So you could create a gr:Offering with a proper
price specification and the coupon as product attached to it. The product
details (e.g. how to redeem) can be attached as text (gr:Description).

Coupons are (usually) also a discount buy option that you can be exercised
later. What I mean by that is they seem to me as a materialization of a
 gr:Offering. I don't think you can currently say explicitly that an
instance of gr:Offering can be bought or sold.
Coupons can also be distinct. Although instances of gr:Offering are usually
modeled as blank nodes, as countability is not a concern. (You model it
implicitly through gr:hasInventoryLevel), however, if I'm interested in
identifying and track a coupon I'd give it URI.

All in all, GR can be used to model coupons as products to be sold. I'm not
sure about the second part of my thought exercise though.

Bests,

Laszlo

--
László Török