This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] gr:qualitativeProductOrServiceProperty / gr:quantitativeProductOrServiceProperty (was Re: … / gr:datatypeProductOrServiceProperty)

Martin Hepp martin.hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
Tue Nov 13 12:54:00 CET 2012

Ah!
In this case, it would be better to define an independet property

foo:myProperty a owl:ObjectProperty ;
	rdfs:domain gr:ProductOrService ;
	rdfs:range  [ a owl:Class;
		      owl:unionOf (gr:QuantitativeValue gr:QualitativeValue) ] .

This would be the much cleaner approach, since with your approach, the range of the property is the intersection of gr:QuantitativeValue and gr:QualitativeValue, which is empty.

The only downside of my proposal is that the property will not be replicated from product models to products by the GoodRelations Axioms,

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Axioms#Product_Models

But you could simply modify the axiom to cater for that.

Martin

e-mail:  hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620