On this page, we highlight the latest news related to our research group. For an overview of upcoming events and talks, go to the Events and Talks sections, respectively.
- 2017-03-14: Themenvorschläge für Master-Arbeiten online verfügbar.
- 2016-09-12: Themenvorschläge für Bachelor-Arbeiten online verfügbar.
- 2016-08-29: Stratosphere Probe: Launch Information - We are almost ready to launch our probe, see current updates here.
- 2016-07-27: Our long-term team members Uwe Stoll and Alex Stolz successfully defended their PhD theses entitled "Using Existing Structured Data as a Learning Set for Web Information Extraction in E-Commerce" (Dr. Uwe Stoll) and "Deep Product Comparison on the Semantic Web" (Dr. Alex Stolz).
- 2015-12-10: Topic for This Year’s Study Project Announced! - Planung und Start einer Stratosphären-Sonde (Engl. Planning and Start of a Stratosphere Probe)
- 2015-12-02: Topics for Seminar Papers Available! - The topics for term papers for the WT 2016 research seminar at the chair are available at http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/Teaching/RSE/WT2016.
- 2012-04-04: Prof. Hepp has been invited to join the Program Committee of ISWC 2012, the premier international forum for Semantic Web and Linked Data research.
- 2012-01-15: Prof. Hepp has been invited to give a keynote speech at EKAW 2012, the 18th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management. EKAW is one of the most established European conferences on all aspects of Knowledge Representation research. The title of the keynote will be “From Ontologies to Web Ontologies: Lessons learned from Conceptual Modeling for the WWW”. More information is at http://ekaw2012.ekaw.org/Speakers.html.
- 2011-12-01: Dr. Mouzhi Ge joins our group as a post-doctoral researcher. Following a PhD at Dublin City University, Ireland, Dr. Ge was a Research Scientist at the e-Service Group in the Technical University of Dortmund. Before joining Technical University of Dortmund, he has worked as an IT Manager at the Oxbridge Investment Ltd. in Oxford, UK. His main research interests are Recommender Systems, Data and Information Quality Management, and Information System Modelling and Analysis; a combination that makes him an ideal fit to our group’s research strategy.
- 2011-11-15: Semantic Web Meetup at Google Munich
On November 15, 2011, we will organize a Meetup “Semantic Web Meets Business”, talking about GoodRelations, schema.org, and the use of structured Web data for businesses in general. The event will take place in the Google Germany offices in Munich (Dienerstrasse 12, Munich). Please join us!
RSVP at Meetup.com
- 2011-10-29: New W3C Unified Service Description Language (USDL) recommends GoodRelations
The new Unified Service Description Language, published as a W3C Incubator Group Report by major players in the SOA field, like HP, DERI Galway, The Open University, Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Universidad Polytecnica de Madrid, University of Helsinki, SAP, Siemens, Attensity, and DFKI officially recommends the GoodRelations ontology (http://purl.org/goodrelations/), invented and maintained by Prof. Hepp, as the core vocabulary for modeling business aspects of services in SOA settings, in particular Web Services.
For more information, click here
- 2011-09-21: Prof. Hepp invited expert at schema.org workshop
Prof. Hepp was an invited expert at the schema.org workshop, jointly organized by Google, Yahoo, and Bing in San Francisco, CA, USA. He spoke about how schema.org and GoodRelations can be used in combination for more granular e-commerce data inside Web pages. His slides and additional information is available from the workshop Web page here
- 2011-10-11: Volkswagen UK adopts UniBw Web technology
Volkswagen UK is now using the GoodRelations vocabulary, developed by our group, for publishing car feature and car configuration information on the Web using Semantic Web technology. Additional information is here
- 2011-08-01: Dr. Bene Rodriguez joins our chair.
Bene Rodriguez just completed his PhD degree in July 2011 in Ontology Engineering and Ontology Design Patterns at the University of Southampton (UK). His research interests focus on all aspects of Ontology Engineering, Conceptual Modelling, Design Patterns and Knowledge Organisation Systems.
- 2011-06-01: New GoodRelations Landing Page and Wiki Link
- 2011-05-03: GoodRelations Light - minimal RDF pattern - illustration Link
- 2011-05-01: László Török joins our chair Link
- 2010-11-02: Google supports GoodRelations Link
- 2009-10-07: Dr. Michael Uschold visits our group.
It was a great honor for us to host Dr. Michael Uschold, an internationally recognized expert in ontologies and Semantic Web technologies both in academia and industry, in October. During his visit, we had the chance to explain our work on the GoodRelations ontology and its impact on e-commerce on the Web of Linked Data.
- 2009-04-24: Martin Hepp has been appointed ACM Senior Member by the Association for Computing Machinery.
- 2009-02-09: The Semantic Universe portal publishes an article on Semantic Web for E-Commerce.
- 2008-10-20: Yahoo! adopts the GoodRelations ontology developed at our group as one of the key vocabularies for their SearchMonkey technology.
- 2008-10-16: Martin Hepp gives a talk on the GoodRelations work in the Ontolog forum. Click here for the slides and here for a podcast / MP3 recording.
- 2008-08-22: New Web page released.
- 2008-04-01: Martin Hepp has been appointed Professor of General Management and E-Business at Bundeswehr University Munich (with tenure).